1) Leg warmers for little ones. If I allowed words like “adorbs” into my vocabulary, this is where I would use it. And also, the company donates an article of clothing to a child in need for every one bought. I am all about supporting companies who do good.
2) I love these free printables for organizing the pantry. Have I mentioned that I’m organizing like it’s 1999 over here?
3) The free 1000 Gifts app on my phone. I’ve talked before about the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. Of everything I read while Scarlette was in the hospital, this is the book that helped me find my way back to hope. The app lets me keep my journal of thanksgiving on my phone and I love the ease of use as well as having the visual recording of God’s love in my life at my fingertips. I’ll be honest with you: mine is flooded with ordinary moments spent with my daughter.
4) Organized Simplicity. I read this book last month on the recommendation of Money Saving Mom and it is fantastic. The Kindle version is free today so if you’re in the midst of January organization like me, I would grab it while it is my favorite number: zero dollars.
5) Lavender Oil from Nourish Organics. I ended up using this for Scarlette’s cradle cap because so many of y’all suggested baby oil or calendula cream. This was the only baby oil I had on hand and as it turns out, it has calendula extract in it so I thought it might be the best of both worlds. I put it on in the bath and let it sit under a cotton cap for awhile – many of y’all also suggested the hat and let me tell you, Scarlette is not a fan of wearing a hat in the bathtub! I washed it out with some shampoo we have that has tea-tree oil in it and two treatments of that combination made a big difference. Thanks for all your advice!
6) I think this etsy print would look great in a kid’s room. Especially Scarlette’s. Which is almost finished. Really.
You can see more of my favorite things here. What are some of your favorite finds lately?