Project Life 2012 | Week Twelve

project life week 12

First of all, round of applause for me for sticking to this for twelve entire weeks. That is exactly eleven weeks and six days longer than I stuck to my I-swear-I’m-going-to-stick-to-this housekeeping routine.

Second of all, Jeff and I are speaking to one another, contrary to how it appears on this layout. I am unsure as to why I positioned the silhouettes facing apart instead of facing one another. I feel as though it may have had something to do with the fact that I was attempting to hurriedly affix all tiny elements to my page as my child ripped my beloved sheets of Making Memory Tiny Alphabets to shreds. To shreds, y’all.

Which is better than a few weeks ago when she ate a Tiny Alphabet sticker. Scarlette likes to sit in my lap while I scrapbook and hand me things. She also gave a hearty attempt at eating a sheet of Hambly Overlays. Apparently it’s not just Jeff that thinks they smell delicious. Nothing was ingested during this crafting session so I call that a win.

Scarlette is to my scrapbook supplies as Godzilla is to New York City. You are welcome for that fine example of analogous relationships. That right there is proof that yes, your SATs do matter and you will use them in real life. But they’re all lying to you about math. You’ll never use math. You’ll just use your iPhone.

I edited on of my favorite digital elements so that I could add a quote from the Hunger Games and then stapled our movie tickets on to it. The good news is that we really enjoyed the movie. The bad news is that I hope Scarlette doesn’t plan on pursuing a higher education because we had to empty her college fund to pay for popcorn.

I’ve kept the butterfly theme throughout and the bottom left corner is my favorite. But enough about scrapbooking. There are more pressing issues at hand. Such as: what did you think of The Hunger Games?

Project Life In Progress: Title Page, Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, Week 5, Week 6, Week 7, Week 8, Week 9, Week 10, Week 11, Week 12  (In case you are wondering, my pages that include too much personal information or nekkid baby photos don’t get posted online, which is why some weeks are missing!)

I’m linking up with Jess at The Mom Creative today – I’m hoping to catch up on commenting on everyone’s pages!

Here are the supplies I used (some affiliate links included)

RelatedPin It

Sign up for my quarterly-ish seasonal newsletter for book updates, sneak peeks & exclusive free printables!

Comments

1. Kelli says

yay for Hunger Games! your blogging is awesome, I adore the way you write. love the photos, the silhouettes facing apart or together rock! love the colors and the butterflies. this is great :) Happy Project Life !

2. EK says

Love the colors – they look so pretty! Are the butterflies on the outside (?) of the page protector stickers? How did you attach them? I love your layout!

• Kayla Aimee says

Thanks! Yes, they are on the outside. I just used a thin line of superglue actually. I figured that since it’s outside of the page protector I didn’t need to worry about it not being acid free :)

3. Regina says

Love your layout. I haven’t seen Hunger Games. Okay so I know nothing about it. I will have to find out and get back to ya. =)

4. Michaela says

LOVED the movie, LOVED the books even more. I feel very emotionally invested in these characters and it totally makes me feel like I did when I had a love affair with NKOTB in 6th grade. Such a dork! Love you page, such cute pictures and colors.

5. Ashley says

Okay… Hunger Games…

I thought overall the movie was good. The casting was impeccable. Seriously, i think every single character is was pretty spot on from what I imagined in the book – especially Katniss. Thought the set design was really great… and the costumes win 5 stars in my book. The difference between the districts’s costume design and those from the Capitol portrayed well the difference in how poor one is and how ridiculously rich, privileged and out of touch the other is. I think my only qualm (think that’s first time I’ve ever used that word in my life) is that there were so many details in the book that made the entire story and characters richer in my mind. I do get that all of the scenes and details from a book can’t be transferred to the movie but I guess I was just hoping for a little bit more spark and depth. And there you have it folks… KA what did you think?

6. Deneen says

Love your pages :) Yay to you for sticking with it. Someday you will look back on these pages and be so very glad your have them :)

Ok I loved the movie and I am now reading the book (a little backwards to the way I usually do it but I figured if the movie was good the book must be better and so far I have been correct). One of my daughters (she’s 17) read the book first and said they changed a few things that bugged her.

7. Amy B. says

I’ve really enjoyed your Project life pages. So cute! Back when I had a toddler in the house I did a scrapbook page titled “This is why I scrapbook during her nap time.” I totally understand.

8. sarah says

This is so light and fresh and springy! Your pics are beautiful. Loving the butterfly theme too.
    I can’t comment about the movie because I am on never ending preemie lockdown. Pout.