If you follow me on facebook/twitter/instagram, you might have seen some of these status updates already. I’m pretending I’m Britney Spears and remixing them here because I want to include them in my end-of-the-year blog book. I’m making up for the recycling by posting those super cute new pictures of my baby. Y’ALL! SHE IS SO CUTE!
- Scarlette’s new thing is to point to people and say “Hi Little Girl!” which A) sounds like “Hi Yil Gur” and B) seems to be applicable to everyone, despite little girl status. Old men, cats and baristas are apparently not exempt from being deemed “little girls.”
- I made peanut butter honey fudge for Scarlette and mistakenly thought it would be a good idea to try to teach her to say the word “fudge.” Do you know how Scarlette pronounces fudge? That’s right. It’s A Christmas Story all up in this house. “Only I didn’t say fudge”
- My daughter is roar-ing like a dinosaur at our fellow Starbucks patrons in between bites of pumpkin bread (photo evidence)
-Scarlette just did something naughty so I started to get on to her about it and as soon as I said “SCARLETTE…” she threw her arms out to her sides and said “TAAA DAAA!”
- Our glass shower door just fell off the wall. First, that’s not safe. Second, I totally used craft supplies to rig up a shower curtain. Embroidery floss for the win! (photo evidence)
- My husband is willingly eating a grape ice pop. Why would you do that when cherry & watermelon are available? Why? #grapetasteslikemedicine
- Super Why just told Scarlette to say “L” and she did. Then he told her to say “I” and she did. She has never said either of those letters to me, despite many hours of prompting. WHAT SORT OF MAGIC POWERS DOES THIS SUPER WHY HAVE?!?! (To which all of my facebook friends replied “Um…THE POWER TO READ?!” Touche, facebook friends. Touche.)
- Holy mother of a genius baby, my child just spelled LIGHT. I am not even kidding. I take back everything bad I ever said about Super Why. Elmo is falling down on the job here.
- I just had a FANTASTIC idea that involves moving a huge piece of furniture up 2 flights of stairs. Let’s take bets on my husband’s reaction. (Postnote: It was not a joyous one.)
- I feel as though Aly Reisman is the Kaylie Cruz of the USA gymnastics team
#olympics #makeitorbreakit (Postnote: I was totally right about this.)
- Girls night going through old yearbooks. I’m calling everyone who left their phone # and said to stay in touch.
- I am always confused at the misspelling of my name as “Kalya.” I feel as though my name is quite phonetic.
- A note to myself 4 years in the future: Do not turn on any electronic devices if you want to be surprised at